We at Barrowman Case Management (BCM) feel that the people we support are not ‘cases to be managed’ or ‘plans to be written’ but people who need help building their entire lives. Because of this, we look at the whole person and try to help them find the resources, activities and other facets of life that are going to enrich their lives and not just give them something to do during the day and a place to sleep at night.
- Facilitation of Independence, integration, and inclusion of people with disabilities into the community.
- Belief in the dignity and self-worth of all people.
- Commitment to advocacy activities that support the efforts of people with disabilities to empower themselves.
- Commitment to considering individuals within the context of the family systems and communities.
- Finding and expanding an individuals natural support system.
- Providing services and supports that empower the individual and allow for informed decision-making.
- Services and supports that emphasize integrated services that are mutually planned for the individual and his/her natural supports and service providers.